Loading Map

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Day 11 and 12

Sunday Noon

It's been a rough couple days. Starting Friday afternoon we've had winds over 20 mph and seas over 8 ft. It makes it very hard to rest, especially sailing dead down wind as we are the boat rolls terribly.

I was sending out these updates a day behind, logging Friday's evens on Saturday, but I think I'd like to be caught up. In my current state of exhaustion it's hard enough remembering what happened today, much less yesterday.

Winds should be calming down slowly over the next couple days and we will be turning south for the ITCZ. All the books say to make as much distance to the west as possible while in the Northern Hemisphere because the winds are stronger. Frankly, I'd prefer to sail in a little lighter wind even if it takes a day or two more to get there.


{GMST}13|51|N|112|02|W|Mexico to Marquesas Day 12|Day 12{GEND}