Loading Map

Thursday, May 09, 2013

Day 22 & 23

Thursday Noon

We crossed the equator yesterday without much fuss. I had a drink with Neptune and Linda stayed below reading (it was, after all, our seventh crossing) while I gave Him her share of rum. It's not that sailors are superstitious, it's just that we don't like to take chances.

Things are rolling along smoothly and we should be arriving in a few days. The wind is supposed to cooperate (mostly) but the seas have a different idea. We have what you call 'confused' seas. Frankly I don't think they are confused, they seem very focused on keeping me from sleeping. So until we get the wind and waves agreeing again I'll be struggling to get good rest. Sometimes I just have to lie in bed, close my eyes and try not to get up, for hours at a time. It's surprisingly effective at giving me rest, but it's boring as hell.

John


{GMST}01|30|N|132|54|W|Mexico to Marquesas Day 23|Day 23{GEND}