The stainless work for the new backstay chain plate is finally complete. The old chain plate was cracked along the edges and the support for the pushpit was very badly cracked. I had the chain plate fabricated over a month ago and have been waiting for the welders to get enough free time to come and finish off the pushpit.
Here's a picture of the chain plate and the vertical (slanted) tube is the new support. The pushpit itself is in pretty bad condition. We really need a entirely new stainless structure built, but that pricey project will have to wait for another day.
While the welders were working I noticed the cool bracelets they both had. I commented to Chipy about his and he pulled it off and gave it to me. They make then on their lunch break at the shop. These are real boat jewelry, because they are made of 304 stainless steel!
Thursday, September 20, 2012
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
I've been slowly making progress on a few boat projects; re-varnishing the galley, re-painting the dinghy floorboards and re-varnishing the cabin sole. I didn't take any pictures of the dinghy floor boards because who really wants to see pictures of white paint, but here are a few pictures of the before and after of the galley and the sole (floor). The last big project is painting the exterior wood. This is just adding additional coats on the work I did last year so it shouldn't take long. I'm waiting for the weather to cool down before I start. That's scheduled for October 7th.